Get A Quote About FAQ Contact Home Page
Auto Home Business Life


Below are some of our frequently asked questions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

  1. NC Driver License requirement
  2. Documents needed to purchase auto insurance
  3. Why do we need your social security #?
  4. Who should be listed as a driver?
  5. Why do I need auto limits higher than what NC requires?
NC Driver License requirement
The State of NC allows 30 days for new residents to change to a NC Drivers License.  You must have a NC license and a NC title/registration to purchase auto insurance in NC unless you are within the first 30 days of moving to the state as a permanent resident.  Insurance companies that do business in NC will allow you to start a new policy using an out of state license, but they will require that you provide your new NC license # to them within 30 days.

Documents needed to purchase auto insurance
We will need to see your Driver's License & NC Registration Card or Title to purchase an auto policy.  The State of NC requires that the name on your policy be the same as the name on your NC title and registration.

Why do we need your social security #?
Most insurance companies now use credit scores as a part the premium rating process.   The insurance credit check does not have any impact on your credit score,  however, your credit score can have a significant impact on the cost of your insurance.

Who should be listed as a driver?
The NC Personal Auto Policy covers everyone who lives with you, therefore the insurance companies expect you to provide the name, date of birth and driver license # for everyone who lives at your address + anyone else who is allowed to regularly operate your vehicles.    If they have their own vehicle and insurance, this will be noted and you will not be charged for any violations or accidents that are on their driving record - but they will still be listed as drivers under your policy.  If they do not have their own insurance, then the cost of your policy will be affected by any violations or at fault accidents on their record.

Why do I need auto limits higher than what NC requires?
The State of NC requires only 30,000 per person/60,000 per accident for Bodily Injury + 15,000 for Property Damage.  If you cause a serious auto accident and injure one or more persons, these limits will undoubtedly be quickly exhausted by today's medical cost, leaving you legally responsible for all remaining medical expenses.   And most vehicles on the road today greatly exceed 15,000 in value.  Purchasing higher limits is the best way to protect yourself and give you peace of  mind.  Please ask about the cost of increasing your limits - it is not as much as you may think!

View Our Latest Insurance News
  It's Time for Winter Preparedness

Enjoy peace of mind knowing your prized possessions are covered.

About Us
Get A Quote
Customer Service
Contact Us
Auto Insurance
Home Insurance
Life and Annuities
Business Insurance
Renters Insurance
Other Insurance Types...
Mailing Address
103 N Chatham Ave
Siler City, NC 27344
Contact Us
919.742.3422 (Siler City)
336.299.4111 (Greensboro)
How Can We Help You?
or call us at
919.742.3422 (Siler City)
336.299.4111 (Greensboro)
Get A Quote My Policy Location Blog RSS Feed Insurance Website Builder Blog RSS Feed